Friday 15 July 2011

Minter Gardens

 Ever since my in-laws moved to Chilliwack, my Mother-in-law and I have talked about visiting Minter Gardens.  I have some lovely memories of Minter Gardens from when I was a kid- it was a place we often went with out-of-town visitors and I have great summer memories from here.  Of course, at the time I didn't really appreciate the whole "garden" part of it, I liked going for the long drive and doing something touristy on my summer holidays. Now though I could not wait to see it again, especially with my Mother-in-law who loves flowers as much as I do.

So us girls went the other day and we were not disappointed- it really was an inspiration!

Grandma and J in front of the gorgeous delphiniums

My little model


The hugh floral peacock



Delphinium loveliness

More gorgeousness

A lovely church facade

J with a floral maiden


We didn't have a lot of time, but we motored through and I took pictures like a crazy lady, but who cares!  It was so nice to be surrounded by such beauty and creativity.  I was very envious of the young landscaping men and women who get to spend there whole summer weeding and pruning and planting in this hugh garden- why didn't I know about these types of jobs when I was a teenager!



1 comment:

  1. Great photos! And it looks like it was a lovely day - one that didn't rain!

    ReplyDelete